David Goode is Organist at Eton College, home to an important collection of historic instruments and some of the UK's most talented young organists; he combines this with a concert career that takes him around the world.
He was a music scholar at Eton College and then organ scholar at King's College, Cambridge from 1991-4, graduating with a first and the MPhil degree. While there he studied the organ with David Sanger and in Holland with Jacques van Oortmerssen. From 1996-2001 he was Sub-Organist at Christ Church, Oxford and as such toured in Europe, the US, Brazil and Japan and made several recordings. Having won the top prizes awarded at the 1997 St Alban's Interpretation Competition, and the Recital Gold Medal at the 1998 Calgary Competition, he concentrated on a freelance career between 2001 and 2003. From 2003-2005, he combined a busy international career with the post of Organist-in-Residence at First Congregational Church, Los Angeles, home to the world's largest church organ.
Johann Sebastian Bach – Prelude and Fugue in D BWV 532
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Andante in F K 616
Olivier Messiaen – Acte de Foi and Institution de l'Eucharistie from Livre du Saint Sacrement
Max Reger – Introduction, Variations and Fugue on an Original Theme Op 73
Entry is through the Great West Door from 6.30 pm.
Concerts last approximately 70 minutes with no interval.
All seats are unreserved.
Single tickets £12.00 (concessions £8.00)
Season tickets £48.00 (concessions £32.00)
Online: St John's Smith Square
Telephone: 020 7222 1061 (Mon–Sat, 10.00 am–5.00 pm)
In person: The Box Office, St John's, Smith Square, London SW1P 3HA
Booking fees apply: £1.50 online and £2.00 by telephone
Concessions apply to children, full-time students, disabled and senior citizens, and members of the Royal College of Organists (on presentation of membership card).
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Special offer for Abbey visitors and Association members: 25% off with a visitor admission ticket or membership card.
Terms & Conditions
- 25% discount on Summer Organ Festival tickets when presenting a valid Westminster Abbey visitor admission ticket or Association membership card
- Discount available on all ticket types:
- Single ticket: £12 (£9 after discount)
- Concession: £8 (£6 after discount)
- Season ticket: £48 (£36 after discount)
- Concession season ticket: £32 (£24 after discount)
- Up to two tickets at the discounted price are available with every valid Abbey ticket or membership card.
- Tickets are available from Westminster Abbey Shop, the Box Office, St John's Smith Square (personal callers only), and on the door.
- Abbey admission tickets must be dated between 9th July and 9th August inclusive, and must be surrendered at time of booking.
- This promotion is not valid for use in conjunction with any other offer or discount, and cannot be booked online or by phone.
- The promotion begins on 9th July and ends on 9th August 2016.